The Directors of CMW Horticulture are determined to continue to operate as near normal as possible during the Covid 19 (Corona Virus) crisis and have implemented the measures outlined below with immediate effect. CMW will follow all Government advice relating to the Coronavirus Covid 19 and staff are asked to do so also.
CURRENT ADVICE to all CMW staff
Wash hands more often - with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser when you get home or into work and frequently throughout the day, when you blow your nose, sneeze or cough, eat or handle food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you or someone you live with has a ‘new, continuous’ cough or high temperature, you should all stay at home for 14 days.
- Stay at least 3 steps away from other people.
OFFICE ACCESS will be restricted to staff members only.
- No entry signs will be attached to the office and warehouse doors.
- Delivery drivers will be asked to leave deliveries outside. Staff should not handle any electronic devices which are presented for signature.
- Customers wishing to collect orders will be asked to email or telephone them through so that they can be collated in advance and ready for collection. Customers will not be required to sign a delivery note but a staff member should sign it with the date and time.
- Delivery drivers and customers will be permitted to wait in the entrance hall if necessary.
- Exceptionally customers may be permitted access to the warehouse eg. if their requirements are uncertain.
- Avoid close contact with other staff members – arrangements have been made to reduce the number of staff in the main office.
- Wash your hands before using the kitchen facilities.
- Each staff member will make their own drinks.
- Areas of ‘high contact’ – door handles, etc will be sanitised regularly.
- Members of staff whose role makes it practical to work from home will be encouraged to do so.
WORKING ON CUSTOMER SITES
- Staff should follow the current advice listed above.
- Seek advice from the Nursery Manager regarding any arrangements they have in place and follow their procedures.
- Try to arrange work practices to minimise contact with and maintain distance from your fellow workers and customer staff where practical.
- If necessary carry water, soap, paper towel, sanitiser, disinfectant, etc in the company van.
VISITORS FROM ABROAD
We do not expect any visitors from abroad to the office but there will be installation crews visiting customer sites who will be given advice in writing.
The UK Government has withdrawn (on 13th March 2020) the advice, which was previously available, for those travellers entering the UK from a list of specified countries (which were split into category 1 and 2). The advice has been replaced with advice for people with symptoms of Covid-19 to self-isolate for 7 days.
We will continue to monitor Government advice as the situation develops but if anyone has any concerns please speak to one of the directors at any time.