UK soft fruit growers continue to focus on extending the crop season in order to meet the increasing demand for locally grown produce, while at the same time managing risks associated with labour shortages, water restrictions, increased regulation and the need to provide the best working conditions.
So, CMW Horticulture and Priva invite interested growers to attend a free, information-packed one day seminar which will address many of these issues.
A panel of expert speakers from the UK and Holland will focus on:
- Multispan structures to extend the growing season – Glass and polythene. Speakers: Andre van Dam of Certhon and Ben van der Heide of VDH Foliekassen
- Achieving increased production through correct plant and water balance – Speaker: Hein Jasperse of Priva B.V.
- The use of thermal screens to save energy and ensure the ideal plant and water balance – Speakers: Jose Carretero of Ridder Climate Screens B.V. and Gordon Badham of CMW Horticulture
- Wireless technologies in the field – Speaker Steve Archer of 30MHz
- Making the most of the RHI- Speaker: Thomas Wilkins of NFU Energy
The event takes place on Tuesday 26th March, 2019.
The day will begin with registration from 09:00 and close at 16:00 - Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Time permitting, interested delegates can stay on for a practical workshop with the technical experts. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so please confirm your attendance as soon as possible, but no later than Friday 22nd March.
Book your place here